bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

I recently had to put a new belt on my Samsung front load

Customer Question

I recently had to put a new belt on my Samsung front load dryer. Once I had the machine put back together it was then not heating. I thought the element had burned up from running when the belt was broke. I ordered a new element and just finished replacing it. The dryer is still not heating. Any idea what I should do next? The dryer is 4 years old.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old. Model no DV210AEW/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to, I've changed the belt and the element already, can't imagine anything much harder.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Before the belt broke it was heating fine, the day it broke the dryer was running but not turning and it smelled very hot when I realized it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today with your problem. Rememebr to rate my service as this is how I am compensated for my work. The hi limit thermostat is blown and to be sure its that thermostat and not one of the safety thermostats do a continuity test on all of the thermostats and one of them will not have continuity. You have 2 limits on the blower for venting air out and then you have a few on the heating element. Test them and you will find your problem. Here are the part# ***** all of the thermostats for your model and just order the correct one.

DC96-00887A-Thermal fuse - controls heating element power

WP35001092- Hi limit it will either shut off power to dryer or shut off power to heating element. But your problem is gonna be thermal fuse. You can get the part at http://repairclinic.com