bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair

I recently had to put a new belt on my Samsung front load

Customer Question

I recently had to put a new belt on my Samsung front load dryer. Once I had the machine put back together it was then not heating. I thought the element had burned up from running when the belt was broke. I ordered a new element and just finished replacing it. The dryer is still not heating. Any idea what I should do next? The dryer is 4 years old.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old. Model no DV210AEW/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to, I've changed the belt and the element already, can't imagine anything much harder.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Before the belt broke it was heating fine, the day it broke the dryer was running but not turning and it smelled very hot when I realized it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today with your problem. Rememebr to rate my service as this is how I am compensated for my work. The hi limit thermostat is blown and to be sure its that thermostat and not one of the safety thermostats do a continuity test on all of the thermostats and one of them will not have continuity. You have 2 limits on the blower for venting air out and then you have a few on the heating element. Test them and you will find your problem. Here are the part# ***** all of the thermostats for your model and just order the correct one.

DC96-00887A-Thermal fuse - controls heating element power

WP35001092- Hi limit it will either shut off power to dryer or shut off power to heating element. But your problem is gonna be thermal fuse. You can get the part at