John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

U line under counter refer is icing up on the back panel top

Customer Question

u line under counter refer is icing up on the back panel top drawer. The ice is now on the drawer also. what do i do? thanks
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1 year old. Model # u-1224dwrint-ooa Make - u line
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like too
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Before considering parts replacement, inspect the condenser coil radiator. If it has a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it, vacuum it off with a ShopVac. Try the following door gasket seal test. Using a paper money bill, insert it in various spots around the gasket, while opening and closing the door normally. If you find areas where there's little or no resistance to removing the bill, replace the door gasket.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out?