John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My whirlpool imperial refrigerator regularly leaks water

Customer Question

I'm Laurie. My whirlpool imperial refrigerator regularly leaks water from the bottom left back corner.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we purchased it in June of 2005 Model #ED5LHAXMQ
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how complicated it is. We bought it from the now defunct American store
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We tried other repairmen (from American) but thet couldn't find anything wrong
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

To be clear, are you saying that the refrigerator is leaking onto your kitchen floor or inside the refrigerator/freezer?