Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our ice maker stopped working. The water still runs fine.

Customer Question

Our ice maker stopped working. The water still runs fine. The only thing that happened is during a birthday party all of the ice was used and it hasn't made ice since. then. It is a Samsung model number RF28HMEDBBC
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The easiest way to diagnose ice maker trouble is to manually fill the cube maker. If it dumps cubes in a few hours, the water feed is suspect, could be related to a faulty valve or a plugged fill tube. If it does not dump the cubes, the ice maker is likely faulty. Let me know what you find.