Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Getting an er rf code on the fridge, LFX31945 LG, french

Customer Question

getting an er rf code on the fridge
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: LFX31945 LG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: french door
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not even 3 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. First, this error means that your main control board doesn't think your refrigerator fan motor is running properly. So thankfully the control board is typically not the part that fails, it's usually the fan motor or sometimes just ice/frost hitting the fan blade. You'll want to remove the back cover panel in the center on the back wall inside the refrigerator to expose the fan to make sure there isn't just ice or frost you need to thaw out. Plug the refrigerator back in after you try to thaw it out and if the error comes back in the next day or so, replace the fan motor. Either way, the fan motor is part number EAU36179306.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?