Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung dryer starts then stops after about 3 secs and shows

Customer Question

Samsung dryer starts then stops after about 3 secs and shows error upside down F followed by E
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: DV511AERXAA front load dryer. about 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. The upside down F is supposed to be a lower case "T" so the error you're seeing is actually "tE". There are only 2 things that can cause the tE error and that's a bad sensor or a bad control board. It sounds like you've already changed out the main relay board so if you're still getting the "tE" error check the wires in between the board and the sensor. Ohm them out to make sure they are good. If they check good, then you'll need to replace the thermistor even if it appears to test good. Below is a link to the thermistor for your dryer which is mounted to the vent below the dryer drum.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

Below is a link to a video on how to replace the thermistor.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?