Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have the Litton Aire Generation II Microwave with stove. I

Customer Question

I have the Litton Aire Generation II Microwave with stove. I don't have the model # ***** it has to be in the 1980's model. the microwave made a pop sound and won't heat smokes a terrible smell what could it be and can it be fixed? Also I am wanting to replace the microwave and range it is all one piece, how do I measure the dimensions so I can determine what size I need to buy to replace both, eventually when I get some money :}
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm going to try to fix the microwave
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The smoke and odor are indicative of a transformer failure, which is not repairable on a unit of that vintage. You will need to replace the units as individual pieces, I am not aware of anything made in this style anymore. The stove is a standard 30" width.