Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Jenn-Air dishwasher and the buttons the cycles

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-Air dishwasher and the buttons for selecting the cycles will not work. It is stuck on Quick wash. I can hit the Start/cancel button and the QuickWash button turns off, but I cannot get any of the other cycles to light so I can then push start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guesstimate: 2010 stainless steel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I figure the computer in it needs to be rebooted so that the choices start fresh. It used to be set to Load sensor as the cycle but now it is on QuickWash
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. Can I get a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No model # ***** We bought the house. Dishwasher was here. Told it was installed 2010.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

OK well that's going to be a problem when trying to get new parts. But if only a couple buttons work and the others do not, it sounds like you have a common issue where the touch control panel is failing and needs to be replaced. Many of these Jenn Air models have new touchpad part numbers because they have been re-designed since moisture from the steam was causing them to fail early. The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub (not on the door) and seen if you open the door so I'd check again to make sure it's not there. You will need that model to look any parts up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You charged me for an answer. I have not received any information.... I will get a local appliance man. I thought maybe there was something I could do.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. I gave you an answer just 2 minutes ago.

QUOTE: