Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Why doesn't refrigerator get cold? Freezer on bottom is OK.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I call you back or continue at home? I am at work?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Of course! Just reply back here and we can continue. You can follow a link back from your email.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

You bet, thank you! Have a great rest of your work day!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am in and out this weekend, please post your findings with air flow and the model number.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model # *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sn k12563768
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is frost on back wall of freezer. Discovered when I got home. I did not get an answer but my deposit and funds were taken? Motor runs I think. I don't know about fan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The frost on the back wall is why your refrigerator is not cooling well. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with? Unplugging the refrigerator and leaving the doors open for 24 hours will allow a complete thaw and restore cooling temporarily. Let me know regarding the testing meter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I don't have a testing meter.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

With no way to test, the best you will be able to do is thaw it out and that will restore cooling for about 5-7 days, enough time to schedule an in home service call.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not interested in a membership. I thought I was asking a one time question with a one time answer and pay.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not been able to get a star rating? This was done automatically?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the confusion, that is my fault and I apologize.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!