Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I purchases a used working 650/0, moved it carefully and the

Customer Question

I purchases a used working 650/0, moved it carefully and the fridge isn't cooling. The doorswitch does trigger a fan. Any suggestions to help me troubleshoot it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is it cooling at all? How is the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forgive my lack of proofreading..purchased. No cooling in the fridge at all. Freezer is fine. I do see from the label that they may have different amounts of refrigerant, if I'm getting the concept. It suffered no obvious abuse while being moved.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

If you remove the access panel from above the door, can you tell if both compressors are running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The panel is off. There's a sheet metal cover across the front I could unscrew. How would I determine if they are working?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Just feel them both, are they both warm and vibrating?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
warm for sure, at least
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Okay, that is not good. If the fan is running in the refrigerator and the compressor for the refrigerator is running, that means there is a sealed system issue, likely a low refrigerant level due to a leak. A sealed system repair is not one that you will be able to complete. It requires specialized tools and training. On a Sub Zero, you can expect it to cost at least $500 + parts.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are there lines I can feel that should be cold if working properly?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
See above. I was hoping you could tell me something more than the likely obvious coolant loss. Which side is the refr comp on?