Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LEFT FREEZER DOOR OPEN SLIGHTLY HOURS. FAN RUNNING BUT NO

Customer Question

LEFT FREEZER DOOR OPEN SLIGHTLY FOR 24 HOURS. FAN RUNNING BUT NO COOLING AT ALL OR FREEZING,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel, is the fan next to the compressor running? Also if you touch the big black round compressor is it warm, hot, or room temperature?

Lastly, do you have a full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sss25sgpass motor room temp condenser fan running no cooling actually warm air is in the frig
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK that's what I figured. Unfortunately the compressor was running for so long that the relay on your main control board shorted out so the compressor isn't getting power anymore which is why it's room temperature. The entire control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue. It's located behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of your entire refrigerator so below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?