Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Harmony Washer (WPGT9360E0PL). When I try to

Customer Question

Hi. I have a GE Harmony Washer (WPGT9360E0PL). When I try to power on, i hear a quiet click sound and nothing happens. No screen light. I think it might be the main control board but don't know for sure.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is approximately 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The inverter is common to fail to cause the display to be dead. See the attached page for testing instructions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Kelly. Is the inverter part of the inverter board or would I replace the entire board?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

It is the entire board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a friend that gets wholesale and can get this to me for $200. From your experience, do I need to test with voltage meter or are you pretty sure it's bad? I saw others on the internet pointing to this part but wanted to pay an expert to confirm.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

It is much more likely to fail than the display but the only way to know for certain is to test.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i follow the diagram instructions and if any of the voltages don't match, it's bad. Is that correct?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

There are a couple on eBay right now, too!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

They are being sold under the LG part number but the same board.....$80.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Shoot. that's way better.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Yes indeed! That one they offer a year warranty, too!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. I'm going to go test it right now before ordering. (Was on a conference call) That's great advice! Thank you. Will let you know what I find.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. If not charge for follow up, should I respond to the email that you helped me?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

There is no charge for follow up help, even after rating. There is no time limit, either! Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the exact LG part number? I just want to see if my buddy can get it from his appliance warehouse. He told me LG part number 6871ea1016a is a bad part number. Did I miss something?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That is the number on the board, the one usually listed by on eBay, because LG does not stamp the GE boards with the LG part number. I don't have the actual LG part number.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hmmm. I can get it from him tonight after work, brand new or go through eBay. There isn't a parts cross-reference anywhere?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

No cross reference, they don't want you using a $125 LG board in place of a $400 GE board....