Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My whirlpool gold series dehumidifier is not draining

Customer Question

My whirlpool gold series dehumidifier is not draining continuously as it has for past year ,no blockage in hose but filter light is on ,is that the issue as now the bucket fills steady and if so how do I change filter?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4-5 years and it just says gold series on front
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I change filter , can not see an obvious door,latch or indicator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The filter is not likely to cause it to totally stop dehumidifying. If the compressor is running, you may have a leak in the sealed system. Is the compressor running?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?