Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Did you get the text i typed in? over a year, once a week or

Customer Question

did you get the text i typed in?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: over a year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: once a week or so it does it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i'll do whatever work i can yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance today. I don't see any text about your appliance or what the problem is s perhaps you can re-type your question and send me the model number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a Samsung refrigerator model RF28HMEDBSR/AA. For over a year, we've had a problem that occurs about once per week, where the ice dispenser door/flap will start opening and closing continuously. There is nothing that seems to makle it start doing this. We can sometimes just open the refrigerator to get something out and it will start. Other times, it is from getting ice. To get it to stop, we randomly keep pressing the ice button, often only for a half second, not even enough time to make it cycle at all, and sometimes we have to keep doing this for a long time to get it to stop.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. Unfortunately something is just going on with your dispenser display assembly. It sounds like you have a loose contact inside one of the relays on the board. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the logic inside the board will reset. If the issue still comes back, the display control would need to be ordered and replaced and that's about $150. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for display board assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?