Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool gas stove Md wfg32,0mobbo the oven and

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gas stove Md wfg32,0mobbo the oven and broiler doesn't have wondering is there a fuse
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 2ys 30" free standing gas range,model wfg32omobbo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Oven and broiler just quit I reset everything just wondering is there a fuse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. You'll need to test the igniter. Turn the oven on and see if the igniter glows. If so, then use an amp clamp to see if it's drawing 3.2 amps. If not, then the igniters need to be replaced. If they do draw 3.2 amps, then your oven gas safety valve is bad and would need to be replaced.

Now the last option would be if the igniter does NOT glow at all. Then you'd need to test power between the 2 wires going to the igniter. If you have 110 volts when the igniter should be glowing, then you have a bad igniter. If you don't have 110 volts on either wire to ground, then you need a new control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I'll run them test,then I get back with you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

OK good luck.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?