John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I used a Just Answer previously on what part to get to fix a

Customer Question

I used a Just Answer previously on what part to get to fix a smeg a3xu6 that wouldn't light (the igniters no longer click). The person gave me the part and that was great but I should of followed that up with how the heck do I open up the top to get to all the components. Can someone point me to a pdf that shows how to do this or guide me through it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Smeg A3xu6 48 inch stove
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry, I do not have information on that model.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you tell me which part you are trying to replace?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi bonzaco you were actually the one that told me about the part :) It is the Gas Hob & Cooker Ignition Generator.
https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/810020105-smeg-gas-hob-cooker-ignition-generatorI have no idea how to get into this stove. I haven't even considered pulling it out of it location. I figured it should be somewhere in the top or front but maybe I will have to pull it out? I can't find any manuals online.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

You have to pull it out from the wall taking care with the flexible gas pipe and then take off the back. This then gives you access to the spark ignitor which is either just under the hotplate area or on the back depending on version.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I will try that tonight