Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE Profile Model # PSC23NGSA is not cooling or freezing.

Customer Question

GE Profile Model # ***** is not cooling or freezing. Control panel is flashing HRS. This started happening today
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PSC23NGSA WW I purchased it used from a nice home 1.5 years ago. maybe 8/10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

HRS means that your compressor isn't starting up for some reason. Pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Touch the big black round compressor and if it's room temperature your main control board mounted behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of your refrigerator has failed and the relay isn't sending power to the compressor anymore so you'd need to replace the compressor. Below is a link to the part if you wanted to replace it, it's all plug and play.

CLICK HERE for control board

Now if the compressor is hot, try to replace the plastic box on the side of the compressor called the "overload relay" since this is what starts the compressor. If the issue persists, then your compressor itself would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?