Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model KSCS23INSS01, Serial ST2229724 My ice storage bin ices

Customer Question

Model KSCS23INSS01, Serial ST2229724
My ice storage bin ices up and will not allow the delivery of the ice. At least once a week I remove the bin and clear the delivery shoot of clogged ice.It seems to be sucking warm air up the shoot and then the ice clogs the shoot.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the ice chute is filling up with frost and ice it means that your flap isn't sealing up properly so warm moist air is getting in through the flap area. There is a kit to replace the spring and flap and damper and such so below is a link to the kit with instructions. There is also a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace this part as well.

CLICK HERE for kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.