Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have water standing inside my centennial electric dryer,

Customer Question

I have water standing inside my centennial electric dryer
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Almost 1 year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's easy enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We keep our AC at 68 and we live in Houston
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. There is only 1 reason you'd have water inside your dryer and it has to do with your vent having an issue. Either the vent to the outside of your house is clogged and needs to be cleaned out/unkinked, Or you're sharing the vent with another dryer's vent. If you live in an apartment, some apartment/condo complexes try to connect 2 vents together from 2 different apartments and then vent it outside. That causes backflow air back into your dryer when the other dryer is running and that will cause standing water to accumulate in the dryer. If this is the case, you need to have the complex fix the way they are venting your dryer so it has an independent vent line, or you need to use an indoor vent kit so you don't have to share the vent.

If you in a house where you don't share the vent line with anyone else, then your vent is just clogged or kinked or if it vents to the top of the house then the damper isn't sealing up properly so you need to contact a vent company to clean out and fix the vent.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?