Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Freezer is is just cool not freezing and fridge is not

Customer Question

Freezer is is just cool not freezing and fridge is not cooling either
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: tfx22cr 1997
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: fans are all working -compressor feels warm and seems to be humming
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Ok so if all the fans are running and the compressor is running and its not cooling then the sealed system on the unit has developed a freon leak and is not cooling. The only way to repair that is have a licensed company come in find the leak repair it , and recharge the unit with freon. However the cost of such a repair is not gonna be justified on a unit that old. My advice at this point is to replace the refrigerator.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?