bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

I have a samsung dv395, dryer runs continuous until door is

Customer Question

I have a samsung dv395, dryer runs continuous until door is open and won't shut off -- and no heat. I suspect a bad PCB. Thoughts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Exact model is DV359ETPASU/A1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's about three years old.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It runs even when "off" - -When you power up the microswitch power button, it continues to run (without heat). Based on that, a stuck relay I think which might be built into the PCB?
JA: Is there anybody who is slim enough for themselves? I could lose ten pounds but you might want me to keep it in some places.
Customer: Say what now?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you today. I have a service manual that will help you isolate and find the problem with your dryer. I couldnt find any manuals on your model so here is one that should be like yours. The parts are gonna function the same and be in same place. See the section on the blower thermistor. You need to test the thermistor with volt meter and it should have continuity or read o ohms when testing leads. If it isnt that then it will be the control board. Please rate my service when done. Any questions just ask and I will assist