Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

My samsung dryer says cooling and wont stop running and heat

Customer Question

My samsung dryer says cooling and wont stop running and heat is on this happens with 1 minute left on maual or automatic mode model number DV448AEW/XAA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi have you unplugged the dryer for 3 min that usually will clear the last cycle and reboot the machine

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have done that
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi was there any kind of a surge or power issue recently because obviously the board is not responding

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No there wasnt everything works fine except it wont shut off
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

so if you unplug it and plug it back in its still in the min showing

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

If the vent is clogged or partially clogged, it will restrict the airflow through the dryer, substantially increasing the drying time.​ not cutting off

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It never shuts off the clothes will be completely dry hot to the touch but never shut off
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

check the vent as I stated earlier if its clogged the timer adds more time to compensate will be very hot check the wall vent also if the dryer inside is dirty will also run very long all these things play a factor

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But it doesnt add more time when u have it on manual mode it should shut off after the desired time i set it for wich is usually 40 mins but always says 1 min and cooling
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
air is blowing out of the vent very hard and fast
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi ok did some research and the moisture sensor which sits by the blower motor housing it tells the board how dry things are to add or minimize the time apparently its bad because it wont cut the cycle off

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

this is it

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry if you open the dryer door and look in its right in front by the door

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

you can order it at www.repairclinic.com they ship overnight please rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site thanks should you need more help just send me a reply.