Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Charmglow inferred grill. It ran out of gas and when

Customer Question

I have Charmglow inferred grill. It ran out of gas and when I refilled the tank the propane does flow.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

It's possible that your regulator is in a vapor lock or the diaghram inside the regulator failed when installing the new propane tank if one of the knobs wasn't turned off when the new tank was installed. Try to clear the vapor lock by turn all the burner knobs off and then turn the propane knob off. Unscrew the hose from the tank and then turn all the burner knobs on.

After 15 seconds, turn all the knobs back off and then reconnect the hose to the propane tank. Turn the propane tank on and then turn the knobs on to try to lite the burner like normal. If no gas flows still, then your regulator failed and the hose that connects to the propane tank needs to be replaced since the regulator is built into this hose.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?