John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kenmore 90 series top loading washing machine model

Customer Question

I have a kenmore 90 series top loading washing machine model # ***** After the wash cycle just as it begins to spin it makes a low laboring noise and as it spins it slowly fades away. Any ideas to what could be causing this? I have the outside off the only problem is, is that with the outside off I can't run it to hear where the sound is coming from and with the outside on I can't hear exactly where the noise is coming from, catch 22? Any ideas? Thank you!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 15 to 18 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Never been serviced either for moving parts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes if I can, I have fixed the bearing assembly on a kenmore stacking unit with the plastic washer and the part with the round ball at the end
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you with this problem

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

do u have a piece of wire you can use as a jumper wire to bypass the lid switch