Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

My LG fridge, temperature adjustment is stuck on level 3

Customer Question

My LG fridge, temperature adjustment is stuck on level 3 (led display) If you unplug the unit it will reset and you can adjust the temp. and it seems to cool normally. One day later it is stuck on level 3 again and the problem repeats itself.(NOT COOLING PROPERLY) Also the freezer box is not defrosting correctly. Frost builds up, so we shut it down and defrost manually. Unit was purchased 13 months and 1 week ago-warranty is 1 month expired .mo # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you with this problem can u adjust the temp for the freezer and the fridge then they wont respond as that correct

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

the frost in the freezer is it inside the freezer on the rear wall panel if so do u hear the fan motor running in the freezer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

the ice is building up front and back

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

upfront as in by the ice dispenser ice chute or along the front door gasket

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

is the door closing flush and where the ice comes out of the door there is a opening that has a flapper that opens to release ice then closes to seal the hole do u see ant gap or play on that flapper is it loose or closed snug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

not using the ice maker

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

it does have ice and water in the door correct

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

and I'm referring to the ice chute in the door where the ice comes out not the icemaker

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

no, this unit has no water dispenser and the ice maker is inside the freezer-i am not using the icemaker

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

ok there is a heating element in the freezer the main board has multiple relays that control every function on this fridge it seems that the board is not responding for your defrost cycle also your door temp setting freezes up

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

So what part am i to replace?

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi the main board is the problem every function comes from it lights fans heaters etc.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I tried 2 times the model number appears to not be correct I'm trying to get you a price on the board

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

it is stuck on the level 3 in the fridge ...do you think this is a problem?

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

yes that board if it doesn't cut off by temperature it freezes up everything

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

but you cant adjust it the display freezes up wont respond unless you unplug it should never have to do that

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

http://www.lg.com/us/refrigerators/lg-LTCS24223S-top-freezer-refrigerator​ this is your fridge is that correct

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

mo# ***** ***** i unplug the fridge it works fine for one day and can adjust the the temp. one day later it is stuck one level 3 and you can not adjust and it does not cool properly

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

yes William sir replace that control board its bad nothing else it controls cutting off

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

please rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site thanks good luck sir should you need further assistance please send a reply will be glad to assist you.