Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Oven does not heat. top burners all work, both oven heat

Customer Question

oven does not heat. top burners all work, both oven heat elements ohm out to 18-20 ohms, power connectors appear normal. is this a control bd issue, or is there a thermal fuse that may be opened ? model # ***** 367 dsa frigidaire slid in range. thx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. It looks like you've done some testing already. There are 2 thermal fuses on this oven and they are mounted below the cooktop. Below is a link to the diagram for your oven. Parts 141 and 141B are the 2 fuses in question.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Test both for continuity and if either does not have continuity, replace it. If they both check good then these fuses aren't your problem. If both elements check good and the top burners still work, you know the oven is getting 220 volts. Unfortunately that means that your L2 relay on the display board has failed and the entire display board will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?