Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a newer bosch dishwaher. satuday night i turned it on

Customer Question

i have a newer bosch dishwaher. satuday night i turned it on and soon after a high pitched sound started coming from the unit. the noise continued for 1 day even though i turned off the breaker to the unit. what gives?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Bryan. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. If you're certain you turned the breaker off to the dishwasher and you're certain the dishwasher was where the noise was coming from, you have a bad control board. That is the only thing that can hold residual power inside and continue making a sound even when power is disconnected. The control board would need to be replaced if you re-apply power and the dishwasher doesn't work or the noise returns. You'd need the full model number located on a sticker on the right side of the door in order to order the correct control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?