Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Clicking noise coming from the back of the fridge sound

Customer Question

clicking noise coming from the back of the fridge sound coming from the back small panel
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: gbs22kbsacc i would say mabye 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not cooling
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this refrigerator today. This refrigerator is between 5 and 10 years old, but that clicking noise means that the main power relay usually for the compressor on the control board is failing and can't hold shut. If you remove that small sheet metal access panel on the back of the refrigerator, you'll see a control board behind it and the board needs to be replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model number. The part itself is all plug and play and it only takes about 15 minutes to swap it out if you're handy.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?