Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR MODEL GB2FDXWQ02 S/N

Customer Question

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR MODEL GB2FDXWQ02 S/N K21407482 (BOTTOM DRAWER FREEZER.
A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK THERE ARE POOLS OF WATER ON THE FLOOR TO THE LEFT OF THE UNIT. I'VE CLEANED OUT THE COILS UNDERNEATH. I ASSUME THERE IS A CONDENSATE PAN SOMEWHERE BUT I CAN'T SEE IT. ALSO I'VE NOTICED A THIN ICE SHEET ON THE VERY BOTTOM INSIDE OF THE FREEZER SECTION. WHAT TO DO?
JOEL ******
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is a sure sign the that defrost drain is stopped up, every 8-12 hours the unit goes into defrost to melt ice off the coils of the evaporator then the water drains down the defrost drain, when it gets stopped up the water backs up and flows over into the bottom of the freezer and then drains out to the floor while some freezes inside the freezer, you will need to remove the back wall of the freezer and under the evaporator coils is a drain use a turkey baster and hot water to clear the drain, when you can pour a cup of water down the drain and it does not back up you know its unstopped. Also the drain pan is located on the rear of the unit by the compressor - here is a diagram of where the pan is located - click here for image

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.