Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a Bosch Nexxr 100 Series. The washing stops at

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Nexxr 100 Series. The washing stops at rinse.The door stays locked.I think it is unbalanced. How can I open the door?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch Nexxt 100 series, about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It stops at rinse. I think it is unbalanced, but I cannot open the door. It stays locked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Keep in mind if there is water in the washer tub the computer will not allow the door to open for safety reasons. You can manually unlock the door, there is a circular access panel at the bottom of the washer that you will need to stick a pin in and then turn the panel to remove it, once that is done you can remove the water in the tub by removing the pump filter trap, just be cautious as soon as you remove the filter trap the water in the unit will drain out. If the tub is not that full of water then you can manually release the door by pulling the green, metal wire attached to the side of the drain pump housing. Here is a video that shows how to access the drain pump trap - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?