Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Refrigerator cooling but not cool enought

Customer Question

refrigerator cooling but not cool enought
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The most common cause of poor cooling is air flow. It may be that the condenser coil is plugged, the condenser fan is not running or other air flow issue that is preventing the compressor area from cooling. It may also be a defrost issue that has the freezer air blocked. I would check those things.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?