John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

FYI, I did as you suggested. No change. When I push ICE

Customer Question

FYI, I did as you suggested. No change. When I push ICE button with bin removed, I hear motor buzzing, but not turning. Spiral mechanism in the bin turns freely by hand. I'll wait a few hours then try again. Perhaps it'll correct itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the motor does not turn but just hums then the crusher motor may be locked up, open the door and try to turn the crusher arm by hand and see if you can get it to rotate, if not get a pair of pliers or something and try to break it free, turn it cock wise, that may unlock it and allow it to work again, if not the motor has locked up and will need to be replaced. Give the model number and I will be glad to find you the replacement motor for it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We're away from the house for a few hours. I'll try your suggestion later. Thank you.

sure no problem, let me know if that works or not.