Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Something is dripping in the back of my mom's

Customer Question

Something is dripping in the back of my mom's refrigerator. It constantly saturates towels. Why is this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

also please tell me the approximate location of where the water is inside, outside where etc;, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Inside in the back near the shelves.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is a picture.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Whirlpool ET18PKXBW0

Thanks for that information give me one moment

The defrost drain in the freezer is stopped up causing water to back up and come down into the refrigerator, the drain needs to be cleaned out, pull the panel out of the back of the freezer and under the evaporator you will see some metal sheeting with a hole in it, that is the drain, you can blow it out with a air hose if you have an air compressor or you can use a turkey baster and hot water or some type of wire to snake it out with. Here is a video that explains the issue further and shows how to repair it: - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm going to try what you suggested. I'll get back to you soon.

sounds good, thanks.