Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our ice maker is making the hum mentioned here. There is no

Customer Question

Our ice maker is making the hum mentioned here. There is no ice. We have defrosted the entire refrigerator for a day.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: April 2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Rfg297hdwp
JA: Huh?
Customer: Model number
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This refrigerator has given us many problems. We are very disappointed. We just fixed water under the deli tray. The ice maker hasn't worked for at least 6 months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the ice maker is making noise, the motor is faulty and it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.