John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag Bravos washer spills water at top during rinse.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Does it seem to come from the left side near the bleach dispenser? There was an issue prior to serial code C330. What are the first 4 digits of your serial number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, spill out from right edge. SN: C1177..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
leaking more when vibration is greater.

Okay, you are in the serial number range where there was an issue with the bleach dispenser. Is it possible the floor tilts to the right and the water runs that direction or do you see where it comes out?

I don't make phone calls but I can opt out if you need a phone call. Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is the $24 addition to the $28, I just paid?

Yes, if you want the phone call.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The floor has no problem. The floor supports two washers for 12 years, and the spilling occurs just last month.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The leaking water come out at top right edge.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want a phone call for the $24.

That seem odd since there is no dispenser in that area.

If you can pop the top up you can watch to see where it leaks. Use a putty knife to push in on the clips in front under the top. The clips are in from the sides about 4 inches.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dave, I already did that, and found the water over-passes the top right edge and falls down to the floor, during rinse cycle.
My model is MVWB450WQ2.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In wash cycle no leaking occurs.

Is the washer tub overfilling to the top and spilling over on that side?

The fabric softener fills during rinse.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. There was no overfilling. When open the lid after stopped/paused the machine due to leaking/spilling, the water and cloths was on half scale/height. The fabric softener box is always empty.

Did you run a load with the lid up to be sure where the water comes from? The only common leak point on these is the bleach dispenser.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dave, It sounds you cannot solve the problem. Would you refer to someone else with experience about this particular problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dave, is my $28 just paid covering talks with this new technician?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The amount covers talking to any tech and once you are happy just give a good star rating to credit me. Can you pop the top up on the unit to check the fill area on the unit to see if something is broken and spraying outside of the top area?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I already popped the top up on the unit and checked the fill area on the unit: there is not something broken and spraying outside of the top areas.

Where is it leaking when it Rinse?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In wash cycle no leaking occurs.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
leaking more when vibration is greater. I found the water over-passes the top right edge and falls down to the floor, during rinse cycle.
My model is MVWB450WQ2.

Is the dispenser top cracked on the right side when it tries to fill?