John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How do I remove the screen from the pump housing? Just this

Customer Question

How do I remove the screen from the pump housing?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just this morning
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm trying to troubleshoot my Fridgedare dishwasher not draining. I have checked the line into the garbage disposal and that is clear. I removed the lower sprayer arm and the bottom has what looks like a screen, which is clear. There is a pivot arm that I can move but I don't know what it does. One of your earlier posts said I should get into the draining housing.
JA: What's the make and model of your dishwasher? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Fridgedaire Gallery series about five years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?