Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung Over the counter Microwave and all of a

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a Samsung Over the counter Microwave and all of a sudden it stopped working. I can not determine if there is a re set for the oven. I reset all breakers in house. Any suggestions. it is model SMH9207ST, Serial H4NT7WOD300056V
It is a 1.65 KW, Manufactured March 2013 Thank you for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. Is it totally dead, no lights at all?
  2. Did it fail while cooking or you found it like that?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1. yes totally dead
2. The fan was running and I opened the door and it went dead. I did not notice at first.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, so the monitor switch and fuse will likely need to be replaced. Are you comfortable with electricity and wiring?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have a schematic of it. Do you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The small 4 way control broke once before. It is only plastic and was a doozy replacing
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, so the grille from above the door will need to be removed (screws on the top). Once it is removed, there is a screw at the top of the control panel that will need to come out. Once it is removed, the panel will lift up and hinge down. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 39-3 is the monitor switch. The switches all come in one assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

The fuse is part of the noise filter assembly below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!