Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a maytag Epic washer front loader modell mfw9800tQO

Customer Question

the washer was running, i pushed the stop button (i found additional items to add to the washer). the washer did stop, the door released, i added the additional items, closed the door held in the start button again, but the control lock light is now on and i dont know how to reset it.. i tried unplugging it for 5 minutes, when i plugged it back in, the control lock is still on, so i cannot get the machine to continue with the cycle..
is there two buttons i need to hold to get this control lock to turn off or what do i do??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

To unlock the controls press and hold CYCLE END SIGNAL for 3 seconds until the CONTROL LOCKED status light turns off.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!