Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

My Whirlpool washer, model WEW95HEXW is not spinning or

Customer Question

My Whirlpool washer, model WEW95HEXW is not spinning or draining properly. The following error codes F09 and E01 appear on the screen.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it from PC Richards around 2012. The model number is ***** Serial number C04950308.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its possible. Otherwise I'll have to call for service
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, the machine has been running fine, occasionally wash would be a little wet but now there is still water in the washer after a small load.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi

This is a draining issue here.

Have you checked the filter and pump? The model you listed isnt comming up but usually on these theres a filter at the bottom of the washer. It could be behind a cover.

You need to drain the water from there and once its cleared of water you need to fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out. In the back there were the filter goes you will see the pump impeller. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Once its all clear retry it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed that sorts it. But if it does the same then it may be bad pump which will need to be replaced to cure this.

So thats what the error codes mean so check the pump and filter and see how it goes from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont know why the model number isn't coming up, WFW95HEXWO, Whirlpool Duet Steamer. I didn't see any cover at the bottom of the washer, but I'm going to have someone help me. Do you mean under the interior of the drum or under the washing machine itself?

Ok the model number you posted is comming up. It looks like you put an E instead of the F in the number but ive got it now anyway.

The filter on this is behind the front panel so you can try and go under the washer but i think you may find it has a sealed base. If so then you may need to remove the front panel to access this.

Or try and remove the back panel and see if you can access the pump from there.