John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I live in a rural area with a water well supply system. This

Customer Question

I live in a rural area with a water well supply system. This means my water pressure is about 45psi rather than in the city where it is 90 psi. We recently moved our two year old whirlpool washer from a back porch room to off the master bedroom. Since the move, I cannot get a load of clothes washed. I called a technican from Dickson, TN who came out, diagnosed the problem as one of a solenoid. He replaced that but I still have the same problem. It acts like the electronic system is not reading what needs to be done. In the low water area, the system will fill and switch to wash but stop there. If I go to a medium water fill, it just fills and goes no further. Any help on this issue before,once again, I call a technican, will be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I think the control board is sensing that it's taking too long for the tub to fill, and it's locking the program. I had this same problem, and the only solution I could find was too install an auxiliary water pump into the water supply line to the washer. You can find them at www.amazon.com. Type 'auxiliary water pump' in the search box.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.