John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Gas dryer not heating on samsung dv306lgw

Customer Question

gas dryer not heating on samsung dv306lgw
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you see an error code display? Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no error code
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Thank you. If everything else seems to work, replace the igniter. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $49.72. You can purchase it at www.appliancepartspros.com.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not pair, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The igniter lights up and burner comes on then shuts down
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

The glow bar igniter, in addition to lighting the burner gas, acts as a flame sensor, which sends a signal to the control board to keep the gas valve open. It can fail showing the symptom you describe. The only way to fix the problem is to replace the igniter.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i just got my igniter in put it in and reacted the same way the old one did.it glowed but didn't ignite i put it on heavy load it glowed and then ignited but went out again in about ten to fifteen seconds
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

In that case the igniter need more flame contact, as when heated properly it sends a signal to the control board to keep the gas valve open, until the thermostat is satisfied. Either to igniter needs to be repositioned for better flame contact, or the flame needs to be increased. Be sure you have a maximum flame on the burner. Check the gas jet and the air throat for any debris accumulation, and remove any you find.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i adjusted the igniter and used the air compresser to blow out all dust in my dryer still not working right
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

That leaves the control board. Its part number is ***** and its price is $123.15. You can buy it at www.appliancepartspros.com.