Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hotpoint gas dryer mod. Htdx100gd5ww how many volts should

Customer Question

Hotpoint gas dryer mod. Htdx100gd5ww how many volts should be on control timer contacts a c f t x does 18 volts sound right
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Any timer contact that is energized should have 120 VAC. It woulds like you have a bad timer. What is the dryer doing?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

This model has a belt switch that will prevent thew motor from starting if the belt breaks. Did you look to see if the belt is intact?