Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My microwave is turned on even when the door is opened,

Customer Question

My microwave is turned on even when the door is opened
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about a week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am using Samsung SMH7187
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is it just the fan you are hearing, not actually heating, correct?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 33-2 is the primary and secondary door switch.

CLICK HERE

Both of those will need to be replaced. Remove the grille from above the door and it will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove that screw and the panel will lift up and hinge down to allow full access to the switches for replacing.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do I need to remove the Microwave from the wall? Is there a video or instructions on how to access these switches?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

No, all you need to do is remove the grille from above the door and it will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove that screw and the panel will lift up and hinge down to allow full access to the switches for replacing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it 35-1 in the parts diagram in your link? Or is it easy to snap-out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The entire panel is 35. There are screws on the top, remove those and it will pull off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are there two screws at the top?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems like the part number 33 is also held by two screws. Do I need to remove them when I get the switches 33-2?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You can take that you if you want to, I usually don't.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Kelly; I have not yet rated this experience. Pl wait for me to get the parts.
Rgds,
Stephen
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.