Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I'm trying to find the thermal fuse on a Viking oven, model

Customer Question

I'm trying to find the thermal fuse on a Viking oven, model no vgso 166s. Do you know where it is?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 20 years old, model no. Vgso 166ss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. But I want to know where it is so that I can have someone qualified test it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The oven stopped working completely. An electrician tested the circuit breaker and the outlet. Everything is fine. Internet says it might be the thermal fuse blew.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That model does not have a thermal fuse. You likely have a faulty igniter or other issue.