Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am selling my home next week and my KitchenAid

Customer Question

I am selling my home next week and my KitchenAid undercounter ice maker just broke. I need to replace it as cheaply as possible. One has been advertised on Craig's list but it is a different model number. I need to use the door from my KitchenAid as it matches the refrigerator. Would the door on this model be interchangeable? Craigs list model - KUIS15NRHB6
My existing door fits a KitchenAid model # *****
If they are not interchangeable, do you know how I can determine interchangeability if I come across another KitchenAid for sale by someone? Do whirlpool models or GE models fit my door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Both of those model numbers show the exact same part numbers for the doors, you should be able to interchange with no issues. You can verify the lookup at the links below.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Do whirlpool or GE ice maker doors interchange with my model as well?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

No, they will not work, they are of a different design.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!