bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

WaskHer wasj, Washer stopped. No functions working. Need to

Customer Question

WaskHer wasj
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Washer stopped. No functions working. Need to manually unlock door.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung silver care front load guessing less than five years old. Can't find model number. Matching dryer is DV3C68EW/XAa
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Was working fine. Washed small load on quick wash cycle. Looks to be complete. Troubleshoot guide followed. Know it will need service. But want to get clothes out before service can be done . Is there a way to manually release door lock.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to be able to open the door via a manual release until I can get service. This just happened on Friday night. I have clothes to remove.
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your problem. You need to take the top of washer off by taking out screws that hold top on in the rear. There will either be plastic brackets with screws or 2 big screws in rear. If its the brackets take the bottom screws out of brackets then slide the top towards the back and lift off, do the same if its the big screws. Then you will need to reach down inside the front of washer where the door lock is at and there will be a round tab on the lock then you pull up on it or down depends on orientation and the door will unlock be sure to unplug unit before doing any of this. Also use a flash light so you can see where the lock and tab is at inside. Rate my service once complete.