Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag HE Bravos Quiet Series 300 that stopped

Customer Question

Hey I have a Maytag HE Bravos Quiet Series 300 that stopped working after I moved it 3 feet in laundry room. I have tried unplugging it and repplugging. Set it to drain cycle. LD is the display code. Help! Makes no sense how this can happen after moving it 3 feet. By the way, it's about 4 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That is a LONG DRAIN code, meaning the unit is not draining fast enough or at all. So either the drain hose was kinked or something is jammed in the pump or pump or hose stopping it from draining. The only other thing could be a bad pump or possibly a wire pulled off the pump or came loose under the unit when moving it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello? So what can I do to fix it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I could send you video?

Is the drain pump running or humming when you set it to DRAIN/SPIN?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will send a pic of two. My name is ***** ***** I am having an inspector come Monday for house sale so I am Doing what I can to fix it. Again, moved only 3 feet. Never had issue before with washer. Not one time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it hums

OK is it running though or just a steady HUM?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No just hum...nothing beyond that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried emptying as much water as possible.

You have something jammed in the pump on the unit. You would have to tip the unit up against the wall and remove the pump and clear the blockage. Often coils sit in the sump boot to the pump and you may have dislodged one and jammed the pump impeller up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Realistically do you think I should do this? Does this call for a tech you think?

Only if you are handy otherwise no you could cause more harm than good on it. It should only cost maybe 100-150 to get it fixed though.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would have to remove back panel and then follow your instructions and I am not sure with all of this water inside

What is the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300

There is a model number on the tag on the frame edge or the top back edge of the console I need.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
MVWb450wqi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hang on!

Here is a video to show you how to get the drain pump out.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that all you need?

Yes just check that video and that shows you hot to get it out then you can check it for a blockage.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok but I have Maytag not Whirlpool

Whirlpool owns Maytag and that is your exact unit to get to the pump and change it or check it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hahaha yes DUH!

That should get it fixed for you if you are handy!