Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Viking refigeator and the freezer on the bottom is

Customer Question

I have a Viking refigeator and the freezer on the bottom is leaking water. It look like its not draining. There is a slight amount of water on the bottom that is frozen. The freezer will be fine for a couple of days and out of no where I will have apuddle of water
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The defrost drain behind the rear panel (inside the freezer) is plugged. You will have to completely disassemble the freezer interior to get the rear panel off (strongly discouraged) or open the door s for 24 hours with the unit unplugged to allow it to naturally thaw.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!