Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Having trouble closing my Bosch dishwasher- DWHD651JFP/55. I

Customer Question

Hi- having trouble closing my Bosch dishwasher- DWHD651JFP/55. I have to push really hard to be fully closed, and the washer won't start until it is fully closed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I thought that was the exact model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: about four years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: do it ourselves if possible
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: i guess it is a thermador
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Does the door slope downward when fully opened or lay flat?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it looks pretty flat
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, so the issue is likely related to the latch and not the door springs or hinges. Does the door appear to bind as it gets near the closed position?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
also, it says Thermador but I believe it is made by Bosch, FYI. It is the Sapphire Glow series
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Yes, it is made by Bosch, thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not sure of bind. basically you have to push harder to close, and then it pops back open a bit afterward
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not difficult to close, really just the latch not keeping it closed
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, so the latch will just need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

See the attached instructions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi- is the part recommended for the door or the top of the dishwasher itself?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you still here?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

It is number 0332 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That is what holds the door shut.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. is there a possibility that our current latch only needs to be reset in some way, flipped back into a different position?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it is a problem with the door sensor, you may be able to reset it by power cycling it (breaker off for 30 minutes). Or does it seem to be mechanical?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hard to close is usually caused by that latch on top, see the attached page.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it will start running if you hold in the door, but if you let go it pops out and then goes off. so that seems mechanical, not a sensor issue
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I would replace the latch up top and see what happens.