Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Kitchen aid washer Model #kawe560wal3 shaft agitate/wash

Customer Question

kitchen aid washer Model #kawe560wal3 shaft for the agitate/wash does not turn but the spin cycle works ok
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Are you sure that the bottom part of the agitator is not moving and just the top is not? Can you verify that, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the shaft is not turning the drum turns on the spin cycle I was ready to buy the the motor coupling but not sure it will correct the problem
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

So the bottom part of the agitator is not turning? Are you absolutely sure? The motor coupling is not suspect if it spins.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I pulled the agitator shaft does move on the wash cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I am confused, the agitator shaft does move during agitation? But the agitator does not?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
got it the shaft does not turn on the wash cycle yes I am sure
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, so if the tub spins, we know the coupling is intact. That means the transmission is faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

There is a video at that link that shows how to replace it, too!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!